Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce social interaction between people. This will help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
They are to;
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus. These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough.
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible.
- Work from home, where possible.
- Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces.
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family, keep in ouch using remote technology such as via the phone or internet.
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other services.
Everyone should be trying to follow these measures as much as possible.
We strongly advise you to follow the above measures as much as you can and to significantly limit your face-to-face interaction with friends and family if possible, particularly if you;
- are over 70
- have an underlying health condition
- are pregnant
Please see the government website on social distancing for further information.