The surgery prides itself in maintaining professional standards. For certain examinations during consultations an impartial observer (a “chaperone”) can be requested.
This impartial observer will be a member of the team who is familiar with the procedure and be available to reassure and raise any concerns on your behalf.
You are free to decline any examination or chose an alternative examiner or chaperone. You may also request a chaperone for any examination or consultation if one is not offered to you.
The role of a chaperone:
- Providing patient reassurance
- Maintains professional boundaries during intimate examinations
- Acknowledges a patient’s vulnerability
- Provides emotional comfort and reassurance
- Assists in the examination
- Protecting the clinician and/or patient
- Assists with undressing patients, if required
Please see attached our Chaperone Policy.